The Nostalgic Song We've Been Waiting For

 



"I Know It's All Overwhelming Between Our Thoughts And The Wine," and yes we truly feel overwhelmed with nostalgic babymaking vibes. You've heard correctly the year maybe 2023, but it's starting to feel like 1993, in the words of a queen herself Ms. Lauryn Hill said, "It could all be so simple." 

In a state that most of us know because of either country singer Loretta Lynn, "The Greatest" Muhammad Ali, or Jack Harlow comes a new up-and-coming artist with a single that we true music lovers have been yearning to hear. In Kentucky, an artist named Spencer Diamond released a new single on all streaming platforms on July 8, 2023, called," U Need a Lover." And if you aren't lured in by the title of the song there's more.

Being that he's an independent artist he's been promoting this song on social media, particularly on TikTok, which is where I noticed it. However, in the being, I didn't give it a chance thinking this may not be a nostalgic song like he described in the post. Little did I know I was completely wrong. It wasn't until I kept seeing the post appear on my For You Page did I finally decide to give the song a listen and let me tell you in all my 20 years of living, I don't think I've ever heard a song as of recently that has given such a nostalgic vibe like Spencer Diamond's song U Need a Lover. It didn't help that you can hear in the background a sample of the classic song that all of us true R&B listeners know "Baby" by Ashanti. 

Spencer Diamond himself has described the song as a 90's slow jam, which he wanted to make so he went into the studio. This song is giving all the vibes we need in R&B, especially with the way music is changing. And not to shade other artists, but everything is sounding so much of the same there's nothing that makes the music stand out really. It's been told by multiple artists who've gone on record to say if their songs don't trend or go viral on TikTok, it will not be released unfortunately, which is depriving musical artists of their source of creativity and control. 

Still, with U Need a Lover being released, we're possibly on the break of getting back to the music that meant something beyond our years. I remember a time when I may have been a kid and never understood what Mary J. Blige or Aaliyah was saying, but I loved it and danced in the backseat of my mother's car.

With the amazing vocals of Spencer Diamond along with the songwriting, and producing quality of this single the sky is the limit for this song and Spencer Diamond. 

I would describe his vocals as a combination between The Weeknd and Brent Faiyaz, with this song giving a dash of 90's R&B group 112, singer Jon B, singer Ginuwine, and 90s R&B group Subway, which some people may not be familiar with, however, they released a single with girl group 702 called, "Little Game We Play." 

Yet, I can deny even though I'm comparing this single to other 90's artists, Spencer Diamond in his own right seems to have a wonderful talent when it comes to songwriting and singing because U Need a Lover sounds so foreign but so close to home to me. If there was one thing I could say to Spencer Diamond I would say," Your song is a vibe, and wish you nothing but success, and thank you for releasing an amazing song that has all of us in a chokehold."

I strongly recommend if you like to listen to The Weeknd and Brent Faiyaz and need a little 90's slow jam in your life to check out  Spencer Diamond and his new single U Need a Lover, which is now out on all streaming platforms. A link below will be provided for you to listen to his music as well as his social media to be updated on his music. And if you're feeling generous please follow, comment, and share this post to help get Spencer Diamond more exposure.


Spencer Diamond's Social Media Accounts & Song Link: 

TikTok Link: https://www.tiktok.com/@spencerdiamond.mp3?_t=8euMtMqcmks&_r=1

Instagram Link: https://www.instagram.com/iamspencerdiamond/?hl=en

Youtube Channel Link: https://youtube.com/@spencerdiamond

Song Link: https://youtu.be/fyt5X3L4whY



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Destiny Snow: From Teen Entrepreneur to Million-Dollar Success Story

Shae Na: The Rising Star with a Quality Flow

Maleigh Zan: Unveiling the Rising Star from "GAG | From The Block" Performance 🌟