Indie-Artist YANG Is Bringing Back Neo-Soul With New Single

 



In a world full of drill and bass we have an upcoming Atlanta artist, singer-songwriter by the name of YANG blossoming with an infusion between Neo-Soul, Acoustic, and Jazz. 

Yes, you heard correctly in the city where even the buildings have personality, the singer-songwriter YANG has been perfecting her craft releasing smooth jazz-infused Neo-soul music that gives you a homebody feel curled up with a nice warm blanket while drinking a nice glass of wine or either out with the girls at an open mic. If you ask me it's giving Love Jones. 

I say this simply because of her recent single Fafo, which is available on all streaming platforms as of September 13, 2023. The song's acoustic would remind you of Put Your Record On by Corrine Bailey Rae while YANG's lovely honey-smoothed alto voice blends in and serenades us with the Erykah Badu and Syd type of music. Still, it's a vibe and I highly recommend you listen to her recent single as well as her other work, which I'm further listening to as well. 

I would like to say I personally searched and found out about YANG's music however, if we're being completely honest I found out about the lovely Ms. YANG via the social media platform TikTok on my For You Page. I just so happened to be casually scrolling through my For You Page when her video of her promoting her music. In the video, she had a song she made playing in the background with "If you're seeing this, you're probably the chill friend. Possibly a stoner. You like artists like Steve Lacy, Erykah Badu, The  Internet, SZA, Smino, etc. You really just vibing, turning out the world, and you like the song playing rn : )" Written on the video. As I heard the music I was simply vibing until I realized and thought," Wait, this is her music...this is really good... seriously this is a vibe." With all of these thoughts in my head, I quickly put the video into my favorites to look up about later. 

In a matter of two days later, I was listening to her single Mother Nature while pulling an all-nighter taking notes for a college exam and the entire time I kept replaying Mother Nature and Fafo the entire time. And I get it, Neo-Soul is not for everyone, but if you just want to chill and relax, might even be a stoner or a night owl I highly recommend you check out her music as well as her latest single Fafo. 

I gotta admit I love this new wave of indie artists because it's truly a breath of fresh air, especially the R&B ones like YANG who are reintroducing those sub-genres that have long been forgotten about in the mainstream. And if it's one thing I could say to YANG I would simply say," I love you're music and would one day love to interview you if I can, and also stay authentically yourself because your music is lovely as well as your voice so never let anyone change that in the music industry. I wish you nothing but success." 

I strongly encourage that if you are trying to vibe and in the mood for some Steve Lacy or SZA like myself or simply in the mood for some good Netflix and chill type of Neo-Soul music listen to YANG's music and check out her new single "Fafo," which is available on all streaming platforms. A link below will be provided for you to listen to her music as well as her social media to be updated on her music. And if you're feeling generous please follow, comment, and share this post to help get YANG more exposure.


YANG's Social Media Accounts & Song Link: 

TikTok Link: https://www.tiktok.com/@yangsomeone?is_from_webapp=1&sender_device=pc

Instagram Link: https://instagram.com/yangsomeone?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Youtube Channel Link: https://youtube.com/@yang2985?si=RDtMsnfPjTqOSQVy

Spotify Link: https://open.spotify.com/artist/16UzMpBfvWjJnpDTcgTHTf?si=6tSBgsWRTDyfyuHazefITQ

Song Link: https://music.apple.com/us/album/mother-nature-fafo-single/1704002033





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Destiny Snow: From Teen Entrepreneur to Million-Dollar Success Story

Ashley Iman Is Taking Us To Marseille With Her New Song Marseille

Shae Na: The Rising Star with a Quality Flow